The Office of the Indonesian Mission to the United Nations
The history of the office of the Indonesian Mission to the United Nations in New York is closely related to the history of the admittance of Indonesia to the United Nations.
Indonesia was admitted as a member of the United Nations on September 28, 1950 in accordance with the Resolution of the UN-GA number A/RES/491 (V) on the “admission of the Republic of Indonesia to embership in the United Nations”. During the 5th session of the General Assembly in that year, Ambassador L.N. Palar, the first Permanent Representative of Indonesia to the UN delivered his inaugural statement.
The office of the Permanent Mission of Indonesia has been at 325 East 38th Street, Manhattan, New York since 1984 occupying a property owned by the Government of the Republic of Indonesia.
Prior to that, from 1981 to 1984, the Mission was located on the 12th floor of 666 Third Avenue, Manhattan. Before 1981, the office of the Mission was at 733 Third Avenue, New York.